Founded in 2017 in Gothenburg, Sweden, Hiber is building a universally accessible web-first, no-code platform called HiberWorld for everyone to create, play and participate in the Metaverse. With thousands of interactive 3D experiences created each day, and more than one million created to date, there is always a lot of fun things to do!
We are now growing the team and are looking for C++ developers with a passion for game engines and games.
You will be part of the Game engine team and work together with developers, artists, testers and other stakeholders, to build and maintain our game engine. You will play an important role in the whole game development life-cycle; Design, Develop, Test, Release and Maintain.
Examples of things you will be doing:
- Develop new features to inspire more people to create and experience thing with HiberWorld
- Optimize game and framework for speed, quality and maintainability
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
What we are looking for:
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Fluency in English
Nice to haves:
- Experience with client-server game development
- Experience with writing network code
- Experience with developing multiplayer features for games
- Experience working with a game engine or other 3d rendering software
- Knowledge of Web Assembly and web-based applications
- Experience with AWS cloud hosting and operations
- An advocate for unit testing and TDD
- Understanding of the entire build and release chain, from code to final product
- Experience with version control software
- University degree in Computer Science or similar
- Great team and a culture where your ideas count
- 6 weeks vacation for onsite employees
- Career progression with the company
- Flexible remote (office in Gothenburg) or a Fully remote work setup (we'll discuss your preferences during the hiring process and also relocation support)
- Stock option plan
HiberWorld supports millions of interconnected virtual worlds, features a unique, proprietary next generation 3D engine and is incorporating Web3 technology to support digital ownership and interoperability.
The company is backed by a number of top investors in consumer technology, gaming and blockchain including EQT Ventures, Luminar Ventures, Konvoy Ventures, CMT Digital, Dreamcraft Ventures, SYBO, the mini fund, and others.